Shure KSM8 Nickel Microphone
The premium KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Vocal Dynamic Microphone is a groundbreaking feat of engineering design as the world?s first-ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone. Meticulously crafted for revolutionary vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement control for world-class live performance in top-tier professional venues. Featuring the single purest cardioid polar pattern that Shure has developed to date, the patented Dualdyne cartridge of the KSM8 virtually eliminates proximity effect and masters off-axis rejection while providing sound professionals the signal clarity typical of condenser microphones, along with the reliability of dynamic microphone feedback control.
– Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system
– Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration
– Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available
– Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity
– Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection
– Available in select Shure wireless systems, compatible with all interchangeable Shure handheld wireless transmitters
– Cartridge Type: Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
– Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
– Polar Pattern: Cardioid
– Output Impedance: 300 ?
– Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
– Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2